Saturday, March 24, 2012

Yummy!

The idea behind my design was simple, take the os name and make it look like that. The newest Android operating system was given the name Ice Cream Sandwich. My job was made a little easier when Google unveiled the statue for the os. So I tried to stay true to the design of the statue when creating the mini Android.
 I started by taping off the lines which was fairly simple. Once taped off I painted several coats of brown. I used cel vinyl paint diluted with water at a 1 to 1 ratio. The paint dried fairly quick so I was able to get about seven coats done pretty quick. The figure itself disassembles into four pieces, the head, the body and both arms. I focused on the body first. When I was done painting the body, I lined up the head and marked off where the lines would continue on the head.
After taping of all four parts and painting the brown on the Android. I went back with white cel vinyl paint (not diluted) and put the ice cream dots and filled the eyes in. Once it was all dry, I spray painted the entire figure with a matte gloss sealer. This made the brown become richer looking and sealed the paint so it won't fade or scratch. Then I just put it back together and I had me my first Custom Android Mini. It was featured on toysrevil.blogspot.com, which was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment